With that concern noted, Thomas Nelson has published the second edition of its "New King James Version Bible - Full Color Edition" that I think some readers might like.
This is one hefty study Bible! Where to start ...
Okay, I'm not one to pick the New King James Version (NKJV) for myself or others, but it's an improvement over the King James Version and is a reliable Bible. And among all the items stuffed in this study Bible, the scripture is also in there!
Along with the scripture, you'll find the following as described by the publisher:
- Fresh new full-color page design.
- Nelson's complete cross reference system including the NKJV translator's notes.
- Over 15,000 clear, readable, verse-by-verse study notes.
- Bible times and culture notes.
- Redesigned, full-color in-text maps and charts.
- Articles on key doctrines of the Bible.
- Word studies with Strong's numbers.
- Book introductions, outlines, and timelines.
- Harmony of the Gospels, index, concordance, and redesigned color maps.
It can be easy to get bogged down in the study resources in this Bible, but if used with focus and discipline, the study resources in this Bible can be insightful and helpful to many students of the Word.
If you just must have a study Bible, and you're okay with the New King James version, this might be the Bible for you.
I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”