Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Some" more ...

If you read my most recent blog entitled "Some ..." then you have a good idea as to some of the things I take heat for!

When I discuss the Christian life with a sense of challenge to it, there are always those who say such commitment is unrealistic to ask of people. I'm told that people can only do so much, and we can only expect so much ... that you have to take things slow, not push people ... blah, blah blah ... The end result is a lot of nonsensical rationalizing for mediocre "Christianity."

Friends, real discipleship is not mediocre! God did not call us to mediocrity!

Paul radiates a brilliant example for us. He longed to be with Jesus, but understood that God had a purpose for him here for the time being. So, if he was to be here, then life was all about giving his all in service to Jesus Christ. Take a look at how Paul put it in Philippians 1:21-24, "For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live" (NLT).

Do you share the same feelings as Paul writes about above? Do you long to be with the Lord, but if you have to be here on this earth you see your existence here as being all about fruitful labor for Jesus Christ? Do you yearn to serve? Some would think such questions are silly and over the top ... but aren't they actually quite right?

God has an incredible life for you and He longs that you experience it fully. It may or may not be an easy life, but it is fullness of life. Pursue it with a passion!

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment